/*----- Show and Hide ------------------------- */ /*----- Show and Hide ------------------------- */
Monday, May 09, 2005

The gift of a new life

Penelope Loy Hsin Ying entered the world at 0028 hrs May 9 (EDT -0400) 2005, unpersuaded by the wishes of various concerned parties that she arrive on Mother's Day, deciding instead to stick precisely to the predicted due date. Mother and child are both well and resting even as I conclude this brief note.

baby3baby4
baby1baby2
baby5

O Lord, our God, our homes are Thine forever!
We trust to Thee their problems, toil, and care;
Their bonds of love no enemy can sever
If Thou art always Lord and Master there:
Be Thou the center of our least endeavor
Be Thou our Guest, our hearts and homes to share.


- Barbara B. Hart,
(Also posted on From a Singapore Angle)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey loy and elaine,

congratulations!

May your family have many great days ahead!

2:32 AM  
Blogger Lillight said...

Hey! How lovely :-) Congratulations to the both of you. God bless always. Take care!

3:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY!

Congratulations guys! What a cute baby!

Ian and Vicky

1:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Elaine,

Adeline here (Yan Ping), my sister passed me your blog address. Anyways I haven't seen you for such a long time, just want to say a huge CONGRATUALATIONS to both of you! I hope you are recovering well and really hope to see you and my little niece soon.

Loy, just in case you don't know who this is, I'm Elaine's cousin. We've probably only met one or two times though.:)

Take care both of you and update soon.

9:23 AM  
Blogger E Loy said...

Dear Aunty Adeline (Peng Peng) :)

Good to hear from you! Thanks. How are things in Melbourne? We might be back only in May/June 06. Planning to be back for summer? Send me an email so I'll have yours too.

7:04 PM  
Blogger Candice said...

Congrats on your baby! my baby was born 1 year and 5 days before yours.
I stumbled upon your blog because I typed in "are women human?" in google, and it pulled up an older entry about Dorothy Sayers. I think that we maybe think the same. you appear to think a lot. I also found the link to Carla Barnhills book, "the Myth of the Perfect Mother" I too have read that book and think its fabulous.
then I read your "women want to stay at home" thing and wondered what that was about. it seems to contradict yourself in saying that one size fits all for all women. that was what I was getting anyway. but I don't think the Bible gives us much instruction on how to be as parents, only as Christians which should relay into how we parent.
Anyway. like the blog. you definitely think like me, it seems we read much of the same stuff. but I can't believe you don't want to stay in Canada! you are a bad Canadian. but I guess you aren't one, so it doesn't matter :)
you can email me at madison_rae@hotmail.com

10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loy & Elaine,

We finally got to see your blog. The baby pictures are great. You are both very blessed.

Gary & Carol

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home